Kodeco Forums

TestFlight Tutorial: iOS Beta Testing

In this TestFlight tutorial for iOS, you'll learn how to integrate TestFlight into your apps, invite people to join your beta, and send out builds to them.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1012-testflight-tutorial-ios-beta-testing

Thank you for this tutorial, the old one needed this review because of the new redesign of iTunes connect web.

Thanks a lot, One Question:
How to name the version and build for Beta Testing (TestFlight). major.minor.bugfix.beta (1.0.1.1001) right way ?

What if someone wants to share an app with clients immediately and not wait for 2 days? Test Flight does not serve the purpose.

It looks like Developer role cannot submit an app for internal testing either.

has this process changed any, with the latest Xcode 8+ and swift 3?

Beta Review was approx 12 hours for me - so not too long a delay.

A question - If I invite an external tester using Testflight, is there any way in which we can control the distribution? What if the external tester forwards the testflight mail to others who are not invited to test or not part of the testflight program? I do not want others to install the app. Would it be possible?

Appreciate if you can clarify this.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]