SwiftUI Views | raywenderlich.com

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/17493408-your-first-ios-and-swiftui-app-an-app-from-scratch/lessons/4
1 Like

How do you post a question. Sorry an absolute beginner. Wondering in the tutorial how you move buttons or even delete them etc.

In XCode 12.5, cannot use Slider(value: .constant(70), in: 1.0...100.0) directly, should use Slider(value: .constant(70.0), in: 1.0...100.0).

3 Likes

Thanks for the comment @zhongdongy! I struggled with this a bit and noticed the same behaviour with the latest XCode.

Hi @zhongdongy I have the same problem

Failed to build ContentView.swift
Compiling failed: cannot convert value of type โ€˜intโ€™ to expected argument type โ€˜Doubleโ€™

Can any one help ?
Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

If you have the compiling issue for converting โ€œIntโ€ to โ€œDoubleโ€, as long as you are trying to put a numeric literal (like 20), you can change to something like 20.0. But if you are using a variable, you might need to change the declaration of that or use type cast: Double(your_int_var).

For more information, you may refer to the document: The Basics โ€” The Swift Programming Language (Swift 5.4) and look for this section: Integer and Floating-Point Conversion.

Regards,
David

2 Likes

Hi David

Thanks for your help , that has solved the problem
Slider(value: .constant(50.0), in: 1.0โ€ฆ100.0)
The preview in the canvas now works great.

Regards
Paul

1 Like

Thank you so much
I have compiling issue
I got it!

Thanks Brother. You saved my day. :slight_smile: