Swift ui instead of swift 5. please help

hi, i’m having a problem: in my reality augmented app i can only select swift 5 and not swift UI. the book is following the steps for swift ui? how can i fix this? i can’t find contentview.swift
i am using storyboard with swift 5

@chrislanguage any suggestions?

Hi there,

When creating your Augmented Reality Application XCode 13 now only allows you to create a SwiftUI application for a RealityKit based application. When you choose SceneKit / SpriteKit you are forced to make use of Storyboard. If you want to use SwiftUI wih Swift 5 you need to choose RealityKit as your Content Technology when creating your application.

1 Like

I’m currently using Xcode 15.0.1 and noticed that noticed that the Augment Reality App, Interface: Storyboard, Language: Swift does not have the option to chose RealityKit. Have you updated your tutorial to support Xcode 15.0.1 yet?

Thanks

Brian

I can’t speak for the author. But I can confidently say that Storyboards are a technology being superseded by SwiftUI, there are many reasons why that is a good thing (a few things). But overall, the direction that Apple is taking their platforms into. All this said, I don’t believe that they are providing compatible support for Storyboards on anything that has come out recently.

@briviere2 any updates here? same problem, cant find RealityKit for storyboards

Can’t speak for the author. Here is what I know: Apple has phased out RealityKit with Storyboards, it now only supports SwiftUI. I suspect that Storyboards overall will be phased out. It is my understanding that Kodeco is revamping their entire content using modules that can be updated more easily.

Looks like we will have to wait for the 3rd edition Apple Augmented
Reality byTutorials.