Swift 3 xcode 8 video tutorirals

Hi, I’m pretty new here and so far the iOS video tutorials have been a great help.
recently I’ve download and upgraded to xcode 8, since then, I cannot really do the video tutorials.
I’ve tried to follow “Networking With NSURLSession” but I couldn’t make it work with xcode 8.
So , my question is, do you plan to record new video tutorials that will replace the old ones using xcode 8?
Thanx
Ben

In general, yes. There’s a schedule for releases for the books at the moment; I don’t know the video schedule, but you can always make a request.

Thanx for the quick answer @narrativium, two more question…

1. How do I make that request?

2. (and more important) How would you recommend me to continue my learning process? Stick to Xcode 7 or maybe try to migrate the downloaded codes and then workaround them?

Hey Ben! I know how it can be confusing to follow along with a tutorial written for an older version of Swift/iOS if you are a beginner, so regularly updating our courses is important to us. We were already planning on updating that one after we finish our current set of updates, but hearing this request is quite helpful as it helps me bump it up in priority :]

Anytime you have a request you can email me directly at ray@raywenderlich.com. As for your learning process in the meantime, I would recommend the following:

1. Make sure you’re up-to-speed with Swift 3. Either watch our beginning Swift course, or our Swift 3 screencasts, or our book Swift Apprentice - any will work, but the goal is to be comfortable with the syntax.
  2. Then you should be able to follow along with courses in Xcode 8, and simply update them to Swift 3 along the way. That might even be good practice! All the material should still be relevant.

I hope that helps - let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanx @rwenderlich!
I’ll do that.

@rwenderlich, will “intermediate swift 2” be replaced with it’s swift 3 successor anytime soon?
Thanx
Ben

Yes! The Intermediate Swift 3 series is fully recorded and is being edited at this point, so it should be out very soon.

Woo Hoo!
Subscription worth every penny.

1 Like