Subtitles is not woking in Safari 10.0.3

Hi guys.

Subtitles is not woking in Safari 10.0.3 (macOS Sierra 10.12.3). It doesn’t appear and doesn’t show me erros.

On Chrome it works.

The only thing I can suggest is to reset all cookies and try again, both before logging in and after. Unfortunately neither Apple nor Google deliver an entirely standards-based web experience with any combination of (I assume YouTube) and Chrome or Safari. It is entirely possible you found a test case that was overlooked, or even an intentional “feature” to drive you to use Chrome more often.

Hi @marciomacdev

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’m sorry it doesn’t work for you in Safari. I think the reasoning behind this is actually related to fix that we just put in to deal with problems with Chrome :frowning:

You’ve correctly identified the currently recommended workaround (i.e. use Chrome). I have added this as a bug to investigate and we’ll hopefully get a fix out relatively quickly.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

sam

Hi @samdavies.

Good news. The subtitles is working on Safari Technology Preview 23. I hope they fix it in the next version.

:+1:t2:

1 Like

Well that’s computers for you. If it doesn’t work, wait a while :sob:

1 Like