Submit a Build to App Store Connect | raywenderlich.com

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/7155460-testflight-beta-testing/lessons/1

Can’t get past the Bundle ID drop down on App store Connect. My bundle ID does not appear in the list.

Did you create an Identifier for your app in the Identifiers section of developer.apple.com?

Thanks for replying! When i go to the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles page (linked under the “Register a new bundle ID in…”, I can only edit the description field, and not the Identifier field. It highlights, but can’t enter text. Won’t let me paste the bundle ID name from my Xcode project either.

Pete

@sterrant What does your webpage look like? When I try to register an App ID, mine shows entering the Bundle ID Explicitly on the right hand side as seen in this screenshot.Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 2.54.10 PM

Mine looks like this:
Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 5.25.55 PM

Right after sending my previous reply, I went back and attempted to register an App ID from the beginning and got the same screen as you did. And that screen allowed me to edit the bundle ID. Thanks for your help!

Great @sterrant, glad it helped!

Getting there… Had to deal with a rejection due to not having a 1024x1024 App Store Icon, but got by that. Now received this in an email:

ITMS-90683: Missing Purpose String in Info.plist - Your app’s code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app’s Info.plist file should contain a NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. Starting Spring 2019, all apps submitted to the App Store that access user data are required to include a purpose string. If you’re using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. You can contact the developer of the library or SDK and request they release a version of their code that doesn’t contain the APIs. Learn more (Apple Developer Documentation).

I am accessing Bluetooth and I do have an entry in Info.plist as seen below
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 3.34.07 PM

I’m really just trying to get this little app i developed into the hands (and phones) of my embedded development team in India… I thought TestFlight might be the best way to do this, but it seems like Apple considers its “almost released” software on the App Store.
Maybe I should try a tutorial on Ad-Hoc or Dev distribution?

Thanks for all your help.

Pete

Update. Added a second Bluetooth usage description (for when in use), and then had to change the revision number, but finally got it accepted and up there. Now moving on to the “add internal testers” video.

Pete

@sterrant Do you still have issues with this?

Thanks for checking back… no more issues. After that last post, things went more or less to plan. I am now using test flight with my team.