Space Marine Falling Through Floor

I just added the character controller in chapter four and as soon as I start the game the space marine falls through the floor. I have already added the mesh collider to the arena. The same thing happened to me with the alien even after I added both colliders and after I played around with it for a bit the problem fixed itself for the alien. How do you make it so the space marine doesn’t fall through?

Solution: For some reason when I added the mesh collider to the World_centre the convex option was checked. When I unchecked that my problem was fixed.

Hi @tobyfutbol

I’ve got the same problem with the Alien falling through the floor. (I haven’t got as far as adding the character controller yet).

I’ve tried moving the Alien to a different place and height in the scene.
I’ve tried changing the size of the collider on the alien.
None of the colliders are set as Triggers.
The mesh collider on World Centre is not to set to convex.

Can you think of anything else I could try?

Thanks

[UPDATE I’ve moved on a bit and added the Character Controller component to the SpaceMarine.]

Ok, so I have now checked the “Convex” option on the World_Centre mesh collider and this has stopped the Alien and SpaceMarine from falling through the floor, which is at odds with what the documentation says about meshes with no RigidBodies.

It hasn’t stopped the marine from falling off the edge of the arena however.

I’m completely confused now.

Any help is much appreciated.

Maybe try making sure the walls have colliders so the marine doesn’t fall off the edge

[SOLVED]

Of course it had to be my fault, a simple missed - sign was causing this problem in the end. I realised as soon as I looked at the “Wireframe” view of the World Centre / Mesh Collider. I had set the X Rotation to 89.98 instead of **-**89.98, causing the mesh to be added upside down and thus the SpaceMarine to fall through the floor and “miss” the walls. (I had to uncheck the Convex setting as well, of course) :blush:

Thanks again for your help @tobyfutbol.

I had this issue as well, and banged my head against the wall for a bit UNTIL I went back in and read the directions carefully.

Come to find out, I had used the Inner_Octagon mesh from the BobbleArena in Main… after all, it’s right there, above World_Centre, right? What I ACTUALLY needed to do is use the Inner_Octagon mesh from the BobbleArena-Collider model in the Models folder. THIS not only has the proper setup, but also the walls.

Just wanted to leave this here, in case someone else with my problem came by and was trying to figure out what went wrong. The OP’s post and solution may work for that circumstance as well, but my issue went a bit deeper and wasn’t obvious until I went back.

Cheers!