SOLID Principles for iOS Apps | raywenderlich.com

SOLID is a group of principles that lead you to write clear and organized code without additional effort. Learn how to apply it to your SwiftUI iOS apps.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/21503974-solid-principles-for-ios-apps

Tutorials on frameworks and stuff is nice and all but I do enjoy posts on software architecture, design patterns/principles a lot more. Good tutorial. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m really delighted to hear that you enjoyed it. :]

Nice tutorial, I really enjoyed it! You really accomplished to cover a lot of real scenarios in a simple app.

Just a comment, the Liskov Substitution example was a little confusing to me, I feel it more like a defensive programming example. Introduce an Income object to the app it would be an example of it?

Thanks!

1 Like

Happy to know you enjoyed it :]

I tried to do as much research especially on Liskov substitution and It did feel like a form of defensive programming. But I’m not sure I understood your question. :slight_smile: would you elaborate on it a little?

I really liked the content, but I didn’t understand why we need to use Singleton for a Value type(ReportsDataSource)? Plus it would be nicer to use DI instead of Singleton because the content aims to increase testability indirectly.