Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group

Shader Graph in Unity for Beginners | raywenderlich.com

A shader is a small program containing instructions for the GPU. They describe how to calculate the onscreen color of a particular material. Though Unity provides a Standard Shader, sometimes you may need to make an effect beyond what the out-of-the-box shader can do. Historically, this has required a special shading language, such as Cg […]

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/3744978-shader-graph-in-unity-for-beginners

Excellent tutorial–Wilmer consistently puts out highest quality material (I found Wilmer on Udemy and he is one of the best instructors I’ve encountered period–super organized, well planned, he does everything possible to prevent the user from hitting roadblocks on the learner’s journey). I’m not affiliated with him in any way, I just appreciate him so much! Great Shader Graph intro–I finally get a nice grasp of this cool Unity feature.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Glad you enjoyed the tutorial!

Why the project crashed when I open it with Unity 2019.2.14f1 on Windows:disappointed_relieved:

Hi bling, sorry the project crashed for you.

However, I downloaded the ZIP from the RayWenderlich site and was able to open both the IntroToShaderGraph_Starter and IntroToShaderGraph_Final projects in both Unity 2019.2.10f and 2019.2.15f using Windows 10.

A number of factors can cause a crash, so I suggest first you try to reboot, download the ZIP again and try to re-open one of the projects. Make sure you download to a disk with sufficient disk space as Unity needs to generate a number of cache files when the projects open. -Wilmer