Server Side Swift with Vapor - Part 21: Beautifying | Ray Wenderlich

Learn how to integrate the Bootstrap framework into our application to provide easy styling.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4493-server-side-swift-with-vapor/lessons/21

Really enjoying this series of videos, Tim. It’s very to-the-point and Vapor is a joy to use :slight_smile:

One thing that you might have wanted to mention in this particular video, though it might be obvious to most (all?), is that you can create an additional embed for the acronym table since it is used in two separate places at this point in the tutorial - on the index page and the user page. So creating an embed for the table means that you only have to style the table once, for example when doing the Bootstrap styling, instead of having to do it on two different pages …

But overall, really love how easy it is to work with Vapor and am actually looking forward to getting back to server-side development, which I had not done for a good many years :slight_smile:

Yep you can improve it more with further embeds, though I think I change one of the tables in a later video IIRC!