Kodeco Forums

Screencast: Beginning C# Part 1: Getting Started

Links If you’ve never used Unity or if you are still really green, read this article: Introduction to Unity: Getting Started Previous Video: Introduction Challenge Print out a message to the console, using OnEnable(). Challenge Solution Resources Download Starter Demo Download Finished Demo Download Starter Challenge Download Finished Challenge

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/3247-beginning-c/lessons/2

Most excellent. Please do lots more screencasts like this.

1 Like

You’ll be happy to know we have at least twenty videos planned in this screencast :wink: All said and done, it’ll probably end up around fifty episodes. So a lot more coming down the pipe! :slight_smile:

Finished the series, yearning for more ;). Cheers

I’m getting this error: HLS.js error: networkError - fatal: true - manifestLoadError

How do I fix it?

Please add subtitles in this course.

@bdmoakley Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Unfortunately, subtitles will not be added to the course. Thanks!

I am using unity 2019 alpha and every time I edit the script the check box next to it disappears, would anybody know how to fix this?

Feel free to put your code in the post, and I’ll take a look.

Thanks for getting back so fast. I was able to figure it out I had a small syntax error 'onDisable" rather than “OnDisable” … you did say capitalization was very important hahaha

Glad to hear you were able to work it out. Trust me - those errors never seem to go away. I can’t tell you how many time’s I’ve beaten my head against a monitor only to find a lower cased letter instead of an upper cased one.

lol yeah I just took a course on C++ and I learned quickly to look for these types of errors but it seems getting rid of them altogether is a rather impossible task thanks again for the advice now I don’t feel like the only one lol