Saving the state of multiple sprites

I am working on an ios 10 app in which users can instantiate new SKSpriteNodes and drag thenm around a view altering several SKSpriteNode properties. What would be the best approach to saving this set of child SKSpriteNodes in such a way that the view can be recreated when the app is re-opened. Ideally it would be great if the user could pick from a thumbnail of the saved view to re-load it. thanks, JA

Hi @jallison22! I’m not too familiar with SceneKit itself however might be able to help with some general tips on the subject :thinking:

SKSpriteNode objects conform to NSCoding so you might be able to serialise your state using NSKeyedArchiver and NSKeyedUnarchiver. You can find more on this by taking a look at the Apple Docs or our old tutorial

We also have another (again, slightly old) tutorial on saving game data that might be able to help: https://www.raywenderlich.com/63235/how-to-save-your-game-data-tutorial-part-1-of-2

Hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can help with :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you found a solution to this?