Savig data in the Checklists tutorial

On the checklists tutorial, archiving is used to save data.
Is that the recommended way to save that kind of data model or is it just used to introduce the concept of saving data with archives?

I am trying to play with a sample app of my own following the checklists pattern and at a point where I have to decide what method I should use to save the data.

Thanks

• Sekar

@sekarb. Thanks very much for your question. There are many ways to save data on your app, and in fairness, there is no “silver bullet” (i.e. a single approach that works for all cases). Each approach is presented to the user to get them familiar with the options available, as well as for which situation each works best for. Ultimately, it is up to the users discretion, comfort, and preference as to which solution they choose for which problem to solve. Usually our tutorials do point out the limitations of each approach (e.g. pros and cons). A safe bet is to assume that if a tutorial presents an approach, then more than likely it is fine to use that approach for similar circumstances in your own projects. It would be extremely confusing to our readers to show them ways to do things they AREN’T supposed to do. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

All the best!

Thank you :slight_smile:

You’re very welcome!

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.