RxSwift v1.0 Errata

Hi there,
Though “.catchErrorJustReturn(ApiController.Weather.empty)” was removed on page 243, I think we still need it because we can send empty text as city name by tapping ‘Search’ button when the text fields is blank.
It causes HTTP 400 and results in the lost of functionality.
If there are my miss understanding, forgive me.
Thanks!

Test always fails and I have changed colorObservable definition

let colorObservable = viewModel.color.asObservable().skip(1).subscribeOn(scheduler)

I skip first event as described for async function.
Is it correct or I’m missing something?

I can’t see the difference log between version 1 and version 1.1 for the book. What are all the differences in the 1.1 release?
Thanks
Pavan

Version 1.1 makes the code compatible with Xcode 8.3.2 and RxSwift 3.6, addresses all RxSwift deprecations in 3.6 and fixes any bugs reported in the forum.

1 Like

Thank you for the swift response. That’s helpful to know. Would you know when a swift 4 and xcode 9 compatible release will come out, or how long we can expect to wait?

I’m not sure anyone can tell you that - we can’t release a Swift 4 version of the book before RxSwift supports Swift 4 :thinking:

I tried running the starter projects in XCode 9 . It doesn’t compile. It gives
"
Playground execution failed:

error: RxSwift.playground:4:1: error: use of unresolved identifier ‘example’
example(of: “never”, action: {
^~~~~~~
"

It says on the cover of the book that the code supports Xcode 8.3.2 and Swift 3.1. The next version will support Xcode9

I’m working on this now and seeing the same thing as you. It looks like it was added back in for Ch. 13