RWDevCon 2017 Vault - Bundle | Ray Wenderlich

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4149-rwdevcon-2017-vault-workshops/lessons/2

I’m trying to follow along in Demo 1 on Advanced App Architecture The presenter box is in the upper right blocking some of the code and the presenter keeps rolling up so i can not all the code. A lot of the videos on this site have the Presenter in the bottom right corner which seems to work better. Is there a way to get the presenter in the bottom right or maybe a sugession on how to be able to follow along without having to go to the final folder.

I have learned a ton so far and so far a great job.

Nick

2 Likes

I’m talking now about Advanced App Architecture video.

I second to that. The upper-right corner of the code is obscured. The way to somehow get around this is to peek into the final version of the code.

Also at about 1h:10min the presenter says that you can use a different scheme to test things. How to do that exactly?

In one part of the presentation of Advanced App Architecture the presenter says that one can omit using swinject in the consuming app by creating a factory method that will have the container in the external framework. How to exactly do that? Could you give an example? It’s at about 2:28:00 time in the movie.

Happy you guys recorded/posted all the sessions this year, as I couldn’t make it this time.

Hoping there might be some interest/openness to the following suggestions:

####Any chance of an offline viewing option ala Pluralsight or Lynda.com?

• For these or other RW video tutorials?
  • They link offline videos to a verified login to prevent piracy.
  • Great for people reliant on coffeeshop wi-fi or slow/limited phone tethering, or who are stuck on planes w/time to kill but no way to watch this content.
  • Limited budget, battery, & bladder capacity make it difficult to spend 5 straight hours using most public wifi. While watching barely ~30min of the 5hr “Advanced Architecture” workshop, I was also able to download 4 entire Pluralsight courses that I can watch whenever/wherever. Would love to have that option w/these conference talks & I’d be more inclined to reinstate my subscription to other video tutorials.

Seek “back/fwd 10 seconds” buttons?

• Would make it more convenient to scrub accurately when you’re following along & miss a comment or code example, esp in the longer videos.

For next year: Please repeat the questions

• Could you please encourage/remind speakers to repeat the audience questions?
  • Noticed both in person & in videos (the little I’ve been able to watch) that I often can’t hear what’s being asked, so the presenter’s response doesn’t make sense.

Of course, with WWDC starting tomorrow, I don’t imagine these will be a priority anytime soon, but … Great stuff as usual & looking fwd to digging into the rest as time allows!

Thanks!

Wow - seek buttons in place already!
That was fast (or else they were already working in Windows but not the Mac I was using yesterday when I wrote that…)! Now hoping for offline viewing by tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:
Happy WWDCing!

I am trying to use Swinject as shown in App Architecture example. I would like to know how to use many storyboards with Swinject.

I have 2 storyboards “Main” and “Weather”.

When I create the container, I am registering 2 view controllers. LoginViewController (in Main storyboard) and WeatherViewController (in Weather storyboard).

In AppDelegate I have:
let storyboard = SwinjectStoryboard.create(name: “Main”, bundle: nil, container: createContainer())
window?.rootViewController = storyboard.instantiateInitialViewController()

Should I be creating 2 different containers for the 2 storyboards?
How do I connect “Weather” storyboard to the container?

Anyone tried building KooberCloud with Xcode 9? No luck for me. I get as seg fault compiling Vapor.