Kodeco Forums

ReSwift Tutorial: Memory Game App

In this ReSwift tutorial, you'll learn to create a Redux-like app architecture in Swift that leverages unidirectional data flow.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/516-reswift-tutorial-memory-game-app
1 Like

Hi!

love these tutorials! i’m just starting out learning how to use swift and they are all a huge help!

I realize this tutorial is for people a little more advanced but i thought the memory game would be kinda fun to make.

So my question is are you supposed to be running the latest version of Xcode? The beta one??

Because when I build and run after the first few steps of the tutorial I’m getting compile errors for missing modules:
at first the error was for “Kingfisher” and I commented it out then got “ReSwift missing module”

Maybe im just doing something wrong? =D

Thanks for all your hard work keep these tutorials coming!

Hey, there,

you are definitely doing something wrong cause the project worked fine for me.

Project should work with Xcode 8.3.3 and Swift 3, which is what I use, so no need for the new Xcode beta with this project.

Kingfisher is installed as a cocoapod so if you have issues with that, you need to run

pod install

in the folder where you have your podfile to be certain you have the latest updated cocoapod working.

If you don’t know what cocoapods are, check this out https://cocoapods.org

Thank you @vanlawler!

As @batdido says: you should use Xcode 8.3.3 for this project.

ReSwift doesn’t have an official Swift 4/Xcode 9 release yet, because it’s still in beta.
The project will be updated to Xcode 9 and Swift 4 as soon as new ReSwift is out! :wink:

1 Like

@vanlawler I had the same problem and had all my pods up to date. I switched to the .xcworkspace and everything worked so that might be your problem.

@michalciurus I didn’t see in the tutorial to specifically use that so it might be useful to add.

Thank you @kswoboda91

I’ll make sure it’s specified in the tutorial :bowing_man:

Great tutorials! I learned a lot from it. And I tried to explore some other examples about reswift but found a confused question: why every example shows a global store? If I want to make a specific store for just a ViewController what should I do?
Thanks.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!