Kodeco Forums

ReactiveCocoa Tutorial โ€“ The Definitive Introduction: Part 2/2

Get to grips with ReactiveCocoa in this 2-part tutorial series. Put the paradigms to one-side, and understand the practical value with work-through examples

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/2490-reactivecocoa-tutorial-the-definitive-introduction-part-2-2

hello,iโ€™m from china,so my english is pool.
i want to say,when you use โ€˜takeUntil:โ€™ method ,the image download is broken,when the cell is reuse,download started again.how can i do better for this? thank you

Hi,
I have one doubt in RAC. Is it possible to parse ISON using this framework?

Hi

I have tried to Build several times the sample project without success. It keeps trowing me an error that say:

ld: library not found for -lPods
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Any help here?

I have done everything thatโ€™s written in https://guides.cocoapods.org/using/troubleshooting#installing-cocoapods but It doesnโ€™t compile and keeps trowing the same error.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

@david6p2 you have to remove libPods.a library from Linked Frameworks and Libraries section of target.

1 Like

If you found Image not loading.
NSData *data = [NSData dataWithContentsOfURL:[NSURL URLWithString:imageUrl]];
UIImage *image = [UIImage imageWithData:data];

data returns nil. It is likely because of NSAppTransportSecurity in iOS. Disable that by editing your info.plist file.
NSAppTransportSecurity

<key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key>
       <true/>

</dict>

Paste that in your AppInfo.plist file.

Also, if image not showing up. Check the size(width) of that image in storyboard. It is set to 0 in landscape iPad orientation. Understandable this tutorial is not focus on Autolayout or anything UI related.

Thank you for the amazing article introducing RAC. Do looking forward to a MVVM introduction using RAC!

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]