Quoties - app for keeping and organizing the things your kids say

I just released my first app to the App Store called Quoties. My wife always wanted an app for easily recording, organizing and finding all the amusing things our kids say. Please check it out, leave a review and send me any feedback. I think the next feature I am going to work on is adding the ability to add a conversation between two people.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quoties/id1120992637?ls=1&mt=8

This website helped me out a lot, especially the tutorial on UISearchController as I haven’t used that API before.

I love the idea behind your app! Really wish I’d had it when my kids were young :slight_smile:

You think you’re going to remember all the classic things they say and do, but you don’t! The one thing I do remember is my son (he must have been about 4-5 years old) saying “Mummy I can’t see anything. Everything’s dark”. We rushed him to the hospital and a doctor “cured” him by laying out two piles of M&M’s and asking him if he’d like “the blue or red ones”. He said “Red!” and went straight for the red pile. Doh!

So, good luck with your app (and with the updated features).

Russell

That is hilarious. There are so many things my kids say that I forget the next day if I don’t write them down.

I had your app and loved it!!! I just transferred to an iPhone xs and went to open the app and it said it couldn’t open because it isn’t available on App Store. I am scared I lost all the quotes I stored. Please help! I would be so, so disappointed if I lost all my quotes!

Hi @jkdebruin,

I am so glad to hear you were enjoying the app. I have let my developer membership lapse so it is no longer on the app store. I believe all your data is still safe on your device(I am guessing it show the app icon with the little download symbol next to it?). I hope to get my membership renewed in the next week or so, so it will be available again. I haven’t had much time to do any work on it in a long while so I just let my developer membership lapse this summer. Hoping to get some time to freshen things up a bit in it so this is a great excuse to get going again. I will let you know as soon as it is available again. I think as long as you don’t try to delete the app data it should all be there.

I am excited to hear that the app will be available again because due to a phone malfunction I had to restore my original settings. Then I restored my new phone from iCloud and the app was not available. I hope once the app is available I will be able to restore my data. Excited to use this again and very hopefuly my data will be there when it is.