Question about loading videos

I have been working my way through your book; it is very good and clear, thank you!

I am not sure if this is a book errata, but I have imported the exercise videos in a Videos folder into the Project Navigator, but in Section 3.3 of the book, the videos don’t display in the canvas as the illustration in the Getting the Screen Dimensions shows. I have checked my code against your code, and it builds correctly, so I don’t know what the issue is.

hi pdenlinger! Sorry for the delay, we haven’t yet got the hang of setting up notifications for this system.

You don’t need to add the video files, they’re already in the starter project. If you’re working with a new project you started yourself, delete them then add them again. But be sure to check the target box. Xcode is kind of flaky about adding these files. It doesn’t pay attention if you check the target after you’ve added the files. That’s why I included them in the starter project :upside_down_face:

OK, thank you for the Xcode tip. I am discovering that Xcode has strong ideas about how certain thing should be done, and doesn’t like people to deviate…

no, this one definitely doesn’t work as it should. Something’s flaky… maybe 13 will fix it :crossed_fingers: