Push Notifications · Introduction | raywenderlich.com

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1258151-push-notifications/lessons/1

Thank you Audrey !
I am not sure I will use this technology but I enjoy watched the first six videos. I am a disheartened that there at 33 of them, but I’ll see if I can watch them all. I came home tired and its late but I thought I should watch some videos that are enriching. So finding this series fits the bill. I just need to find a use for you information in my Yoga app.

The Intro could give a better overview of what you are building that so cases this technology. I literally had no idea what I was getting into or where it will go but I am enjoying the ride.

The Otter pun is cute and a nice touch.

hi Art! thanks for your feedback! the first section shows how to send basic notifications, the next 2 sections are to add bells and whistles. The last section might be useful for a yoga app — local notifications triggered by time, calendar or location.

Hi Audrey,
Thanks for the videos on Push notifications. I was building on my iMac using macOS High Sierra and everything was fine including the Push Notifications Tester. But when I tried to use on my MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina I get the following message:

Push Notifications can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Safari downloaded this file today at 6:26 AM from github-production-release-asset-2e65be.s3.amazonaws.com .

Can you point me to the correct download so I can complete the videos.

Thank you,

Andrew G

hi Andrew! Khoa, the author of Push Notifications Tester, has these instructions for using his app on Catalina — basically, go into System Prefs and click Open Anyway. If that doesn’t work, I can look for the secret Terminal command a techie told me about, to strip off the don’t-open flag.

Worked perfect! Thank you for your fast response.