Published Errata?

Is there a complete published errata for iOS Apprentice for Swift 5.1 someplace I’ve failed to find it?

It’s time consuming and cumbersome to browse the forum when all I want is a list of corrections to make before I begin each chapter.

Thanks,
Bryan

@commiepinko Thanks very much for your question!

While we do not publish the errata, you can definitely find the errata for any book in that books forum channel here online. Your other option would be to post your question in that books forum, and the author(s) will respond to your question directly. The errata is something that is dynamic, and something we rely heavily on our readers which is why we don’t publish the errata in print. The easiest thing to do would simply be to bookmark the errata channel’s link for easier access. The other problem to consider is that some books may not have any reported errata’s to list, which means unfortunately there is nothing to publish. Like I said, this is something dynamic which we rely heavily upon the readers. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope this helps!

All the best.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Relying on readers to find and list the book’s errors would be appropriate if the book were free. Having purchased it, I expected a higher standard of professionalism. Published errata are standard practice in the industry and not an unreasonable expectation.

There’s nothing easy, convenient, or efficient about having to search a forum for possible errata every time I find something in the book which doesn’t appear to work. The web is already a vast (and free) resource for such crowd-sourced expertise.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.