Programming in Swift: Fundamentals | raywenderlich.com

Learn about Apple’s open source programming language, Swift, through hands-on examples! Take a deep dive into the Swift language, learning about core Swift concepts like loops, collections, types, optionals, functions, classes, and more.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5539282-programming-in-swift-fundamentals

Hi, there seems to be a problem downloading the course materials.

Downloading the files on the “Introduction” and “Challenge: Booleans” pages gives me a file that gives an error when I open it in Xcode, saying it misses the contents.swift file.

“Booleans and Comparisons operators” gives another error, only the “end” file is there and Xcode says “Couldn’t load settings from contents.xcplayground”.

The file from “Swift playgrounds and comments” loads, but only contains a portion of the exercises.

Have tried downloading in both firefox and safari.

For some reason my Xcode crash when I open playground file.

@bokibu2 Which playground file were you opening - the main playground file for the entire course? Or a specific playground file? If you could also let me know which version of Xcode you’re using, that will help me out greatly. Thanks!

@edvahass Do you still have issues with this?

Hello Chris,

I downloaded material for Arrays and Tuples. I was working on it (wrote several comments and arrays) and then my Xcode (11.0) started to crash.
I closed Xcode and tried again (couple times), same result while all other projects and playgrounds I have was working properly.
So I updated my MacOs, deleted Xcode and installed last one, tried to open some projects I working on and everything was alright till I clicked on this materials for Arrays and Tuples.
I decided just to delete that files from my computer and I stopped with your tutorial till I get additional info.

I lost like 2.5hr of working on that file and your tutorials are really important for my learning, please take look on this and if possible advice me.

Waiting for your response,
Student :slight_smile:

I just wanted to say that the presentation style of this course is excellent. I wish that it was as long as the previous version of this course. Great presentation regardless, thank you.

I did the previous Programming in Swift not to long ago, now I see this one is here. Does this have more SwiftUI in it?

Thanks

@ericsutton33 While my particular course (Programming in Swift Fundamentals) doesn’t touch on SwiftUI, other courses in this learning path (like the Your First iOS and SwifUI App course, which precedes this one) have been updated for Swift UI!

Chris, you are the only instructor that I’m able to follow and learn from. Although i have a subscription, I still have to go off of raywenderlich.com to be able to understand anything from Jessy and Catie.

You are an INCREDIBLY GOOD TEACHER!!!