Platform-Aware Widgets in Flutter | raywenderlich.com

Learn how to use both Android and iOS widgets so your app looks like it should on the platform you are running on.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4968762-platform-aware-widgets-in-flutter

Hi, I try the tutorial. But today (26 Dec), when I want to click to open screen 4 it didn’t do anything. I also test the final version, the result is same. The + button didn’t do anything. Any update for the tutorial? Thanks

I just downloaded the project and tried it for the final version. Both iOS and Android worked fine. Are you sure you ran the final version? You could try debugging the plus listener to see what is happening.

Hi,

I read this tutorial and tried it but I experienced the same problem as @davepapillon. + button didn’t do anything. Here is the error message.

NoSuchMethodError: The method 'dependOnInheritedWidgetOfExactType' was called on null

You are both correct. I’ve updated the download project to fix the issue and I’ve updated the versions to match the latest version.

Hi,

In the document, there is a mistake in the versioning mention for the flutter_platform_widgets. It has mention version 0.12.0 which was released in June 2019 and it does not contain the “context” parameter for platformPageRoute.
Once I have upgraded the package version to 0.20.0, it got resolved.
Please update that in the document for other developers.
Screenshot 2020-03-16 at 7.34.02 PM

Thanks

Thanks for catching this. I’ve updated the tutorial and the projects to use the latest version.

1 Like

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!