PC or Macbook? Trying to stay away from a Macbook!

I’m new to your website and the first thing I noticed is the free SwiftCode (I think) download in the iTunes store. Does this mean that I must have a Macbook to get this free download? What are my chances of the getting the same full experience as others with a Macbook?

I’m not sure what you’re referring to on iTunes. There’s the Ray Wenderlich Podcast, maybe? There’s also a lot of material which relates to the Swift programming language, which we have tutorials for here as well.

If you’re wanting to learn Swift, then you should know it’s been open-source for about seven months. It’s available for writing Linux server applications, and I believe efforts are being made to make it work with Windows. That said, a great deal of Swift’s use at the moment is still writing applications for the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV and Apple Watch family of devices, and that process is considerably freer of hassle if you use a Mac.

If you’re wanting to learn to code, there are also tutorials on this site for using Android and Unity, which have a lot more tools open to you on Windows. So I guess it depends on what you want to do.