None of the starter projects will build/run properly

I’ve followed all the instructions and double checked everything twice. I have the latest version of Cocoapods installed and I am using Xcode 9.4.1, Swift 4 on a Mac running MacOS 10.13.5 . So far the projects fro chapter 02, 03 and 04 have been totally useless and wont work. The playgrounds either have issues or they don’t produce any output. And the chapter 04 project hangs on “building” or “indexing text” everytime. i’ve tried restarting Xcode, restarting computer, re-installing cocoapods but nothing works. These projects are useless and the book is not at all worth $54 to me if I can’t use any of the start projects. I am going to ask for my money back if I can’t fix this ASAP i’ve already wasted hours on this ad learned nothing about RxSwift. Does anyone have any last ditch effort suggestions?

@gordonmzx in case none of the projects work for you, you will receive a full refund - just contact support.

Hi, I contacted support and they issued me a refund within 24 hours. I really appreciate the professionalism and prompt reply by the support team and by you @icanzilb. RayWenderlich.com is still my go-to sight for learning all thats new in iOS. If the issues in RxSwfit are ever fixed I will certainly try the book again.

I have not been able to get any of the code to work in the playgrounds (and it is all playgrounds so far). It is an issue with getting Xcode playgrounds to load the Rx components. The advice given by the author is to try reloading until it works. I know this has been a common issue with this product.

Time for this subscriber to part ways. I wish you the best of luck and wish you had nipped this issue in the bud long ago.

Hey there @gordonmzx @mcfeaster !
We’re working on a more stable solution for the RxSwift book playgrounds - I was wondering if you’re still having issues? If so, I’d love to send you a demo playground to test and see if it resolves your issues.

If it does solve it for you, we’ll be hopefully able to push a similar solution to all of the book’s playgrounds :slight_smile:

Let me know if you can/want to help test this :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Shai.

I have not tried it since Xcode 10 but am willing to try the playground you send.

1 Like

Sent it over to you. Thanks !

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.