Materials Missing in Scene

The materials for the BobbleMarine-Body model are missing after moving the model into the scene from the project panel. I’ve moved all materials into the Materials folder and am referring to page 42 of Chapter One.

EDIT: RESOLVED! In the newly released Unity 5.5.0f3, after selecting the model in the project panel, inside the inspector with the Model button selected, scroll down to the Materials titled section and change the Material Search drop-down button to Local Materials Folder then hit the apply button just below that. All materials become suddenly visible!

3 Likes

Thanks for this - when readers update with information like this it helps every user.

That’s great to hear! We’re in the process of updating the book to Unity 5.5. The pathfinding chapter needed some code changes. If you get stuck there, feel free to send me a message. Thanks!

Happy to help whenever I can! There’s so much useful information in this book, definitely more so than in most other sources of information I’ve come across! It’s so organized and well laid out! It will definitely make my learning experience and that of so may others that much better and more wothwhile! Thank you so much and keep up the good stuff! :slight_smile:

Not a problem! I’ll do some experimenting with the new feature-set in Unity 5.5 to come up with any possible solutions to problems that may arise as I read through the book!
Enjoying every bit of it so far! :slight_smile: