macOS Development for Beginners: Part 2 | Ray Wenderlich

Learn how an app starts, how the UI is constructed, and all the way to handling user interaction in this macOS development tutorial for beginners!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/151746/macos-development-beginners-part-2

The stack view is now positioned correctly, but the buttons are shorter than the stack view. In the Document Outline , Control-Drag from the Start button to the Stack View and select Equal Heights . Do the same for the other two buttons.

I’m using XCode 11.4.1 and this did not seem to work as expected. After I added the “Equal Heights” constraints the button heights were set to a multiplier of 0.5333. I double-clicked the constraints in the visual editor and edited to multiplier to 1 which seems to be what was expected. Not sure if I did something wrong?

A multiplier of 1 is correct and what I would have expected. I assume that Xcode 11 set the multiplier to reflect the current difference in sizes where earlier versions would change the button size.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!