Machine Learning: End-to-end Classification | Ray Wenderlich

In machine learning, classification is the task of predicting the class of an object out of a finite number of classes, given some input labeled dataset. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to pre-process your training data, evaluate your classifier, and optimize it.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5554-machine-learning-end-to-end-classification

I’m not getting the plot with the last command

plot_roc_curve(y_true=y_true, y_score=y_score)

any suggestions? Everything up to this point is working.

@kmikael Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Does it show anything at all?

If everything else is working, especially the other plots, it must mean the environment and matplotlib is set up correctly. You can try removing some bits at a time from the definition of that function to see if the plot ever shows up to help find the issue.

Most excellent tutorial, Mikael! Thank you so much! I had no problem getting all of the python statements working.

Now, I just need to ponder on the material, and try to fully understand everything that is going on. The concepts can be a bit abstract, but that’s quite all right. If it were easy, everybody would be a machine learning guru, eh?

Cheers

Thank you! I’m very glad you enjoyed the tutorial.

I was trying to bring across a recipe-based approach to going about a ML project Anyone can use these tools and approaches to solve real problems. Scikit-learn and Jupyter notebooks make it so easy.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!