Machine Learning - Chapter 13 - Migrate to Apple Watch?

I have been working on migrating the “GestureIt” program from iPhone to iWatch for the motion an ML sequencing, though I get the following runtime error:

" WatchKit App Extension[8136:679751] [espresso] [Espresso::handle_ex_] exception=Unsupported engine type

Has anyone experienced this error or successfully migrated this program to the Apple watch?

Thanks,

TimCo

@clapollo Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi @timco62, sorry I didn’t see this question before today — I only stay up to date on the Machine Learning book forum, here: Machine Learning by Tutorials - kodeco.com Forums

It’s been a long time since you posted, so I hope you’ve gotten your app working. I think it’s awesome that you’re making something for the watch! Unfortunately, I’ve never written any code for one myself so I’m not sure about that specific error. However, one question I would ask: Is this error in the simulator or on the device? Because I’ve seen “Unsupported engine type” errors in the simulator before, for things that end up working without error on a device. If it’s happening on the watch itself, then I’ve got no idea, sorry!

Thanks for the reply, no worries. I have since upgraded to Apple’s new beta MacOS Catalina, Xcode 11, iOS 13, and WatchOS 6 and this error has not been repeated again. Appreciate the support!

Great! Glad to hear you got it working!

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.