Kodeco Forums

Join the Swift Algorithm Club!

About six months ago, the author of the iOS Apprentice, Matthijs Hollemans, started an open source project to implement popular algorithms and data structures in Swift: the Swift Algorithm Club. At first, it was only Matthijs at the helm. But the popularity of the repository grew, and currently it boasts 37 unique contributors and over […]

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1108-join-the-swift-algorithm-club
1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile: Thank you!

This is awesome! I’m more of a self-taught programmer and don’t have a lot of computer science theory knowledge. And I used to hate algorithems but no more! I’ve come to realize learning them, even though they’re difficult, will be beneficial for me in the long run so I’m super excited to give it a try. Thanks for creating and maintaining the repo and now starting this club!

Wow, that’s really great one!

I would be great if you do video tutorials series on this

Wow, this is great!

Thank you so much.

I’m exactly the same. So glad I found this page.

Great initiative , Thanks.

This is great! Is there a book that would help me understand more those algorithms, and even better, prepare to start creating my own to contribute in the future?

I Would love a RayWenderlich book about algorithms and Data Structures.

1 Like

Thisi s a very good place to have everyone talking about the algorithms ! and for swift !

This is a great initiative. I love to explore new things and brush up old things, and for that I think this is the best place.

Found out in my first interview that I was expected to know these algorithms despite being self taught and not having a computer science background, and this is the best I’ve found. I’m going to dive right in.

Interesting,excited,when I see this part about swift algorithm club!
Thanks!

Hi Kevin, I posted swift implementation of Stack without using an array to store the data. The data is stored in memory by strong reference. Feel free to review and comment.
https://github.com/zviash/Generic-Stack-Implementation-for-Swift

Thanks,

Zvika