Is it possible to update the materials to Swift 3?

You guy’s talks are really awesome. However when I dive into some of the demos, I found it’s kinda hard for me change them to Swift 3 syntax even with the help of Xcode auto convert. Can you guys take some time to update a new version of the materials? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@becarefullee Thanks very much for your question, and my apologies for the delayed response.

The best advice I can give you is rather than go through the older demos, more than likely, the latest edition of the conference videos will cover those topics done in the past already. Go through those videos to not only benefit from the latest syntax, but also to learn the best, most current approach. The approach used a couple of years ago may not be utilized now. Having said that, if there is a video whose syntax you’re trying to implement is not working for you in the latest version of iOS, feel free to post the offending code, and we’ll do our best to correct it for you :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

All the best!

hi @becarefullee,
Given the massive changes in Swift, it is a bit of a problem across the internet for most source code to be updated to the latest version of Swift. Not only is it about Swift, but the rapid changes in many languages and technologies has the same effect.

However your suggestion and request is what many are requesting, you might have to wait it out a bit and you could be lucky - i.e. get updated Swift4 or Swift5 code.

cheers,

Jayant