IoT + iOS with ESP32

Where do I find the service/char UUID? (Simple project - control an LED from an iOS App)

Did a bunch of things like printing out services/peripherals to see what’s going on but don’t really know what I am doing :space_invader:

func peripheral(_ peripheral: CBPeripheral, didDiscoverServices error: Error?) {}
func centralManager(_ central: CBCentralManager, didDiscover peripheral: CBPeripheral, advertisementData: [String : Any], rssi RSSI: NSNumber) {}

e.g When I print out the services –– I see my computer and a nameless service with a certain UUID - guessing that is the service UUID of the ESP32 as it is listed as an UUID under services plus there are no other bluetooth stuff around - cool - 4 char strings I have seen in various examples are just the hex versions of this UUID . . . I suppose? :monkey:

The existing tutorials here + others like https://tinyurl.com/y6qr997h - whilst helpful have not really facilitated me with tools to tackle a project on my own (due to my own lacking) - more content associated with IoT+ iOS would be greatly appreciated!

If I could be directed by the community to some solid+extensive resources - would be great!

Hi @lganti, if you haven’t already I would try searching for projects on Github to view how others have implemented what you are trying to achieve. Ex: Search ESP32 language:swift.

Best,
Gina

have already; shall keep trying, I am sure I will figure it out at some point, haha :space_invader:

for anyone who might be interested in this: i had not realized that a GATT server had to be written for this use case, lol plus that hex string vs custom-long-128 bit strings are SIG adopted vs custom respectively (reference)

Thanks all for your responses. It’s useful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.