iOS File Provider Extension Tutorial | raywenderlich.com

In this tutorial, you will learn about the File Provider framework and how to implement your own File Provider extension to expose your app’s own content.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/697468-ios-file-provider-extension-tutorial
// 4
guard let fileURL = fileURL else {
  return completionHandler(error)
}

I think this should be the following, right?

// 4
  guard let fileURL = fileURL else {
    completionHandler(error)
    return
  }

Yes, that is correct. I just updated the tutorial and sample project.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Hello. First, thank you for the great tutorial. It is the best documentation I can find on writing a file provider. One question though: When running the solution on iOS 13, when I tap on an image file in the iOS Files app, startProvidingItem(at:completionHandler:) is never called and the image is not downloaded/opened. I am also seeing this in a file provider extension in an app I am maintaining. Any clue as to why?

@naturaln0va Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I’m not able to reproduce this issue. Maybe there was something broken in an earlier version Xcode or iOS 13 that was causing this issue for you. I was able to see everything working using Xcode version 11.4 (11E146).

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!