Ios development path - confuse with the order of the courses

Hi guys,

Good day! I just subscribed and Iā€™m overwhelmed by the amount of courses/video here. I would just like to know where to start and where to move on from there. For someone who wanted to be an IOS app / game developer and has just signed up for the courses, can you recommend the pathway that I can take to get the most out of the tutorials?

Should I start beginning swift then jump to beginning IOS after? or should I complete swift tutorials first (beginner, intermediate, advance, etcā€¦) then go to beginning and intermediate IOS next?

Apologies for the very broad question. I know that courses are put up targeting a certain topic and you just pick up the topic you want to learn and move from there. Itā€™s just that with the amount of vids present and considering how new I am in this technology, it gets really confusing at first. Hope someone can give an advise on the best path to take.

btw. not capable financially (and iā€™m a bad reader as well), havenā€™t bought any book yet so my only option for now is really just learn from the courses.

Thank you!

Welcome @arvnq, and thanks for subscribing!

Regarding what to watch first, we recommend you go through the ā€œGetting Started with iOSā€ category at the top of the courses page here:

Go from left->right, top->bottom. So youā€™d start with ā€œBeginning Swift 3ā€, then ā€œBeginning iOS 10 Part 1: Getting Startedā€, etc.

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

oh i understandā€¦ thank you Ray for the suggestionā€¦! thatā€™s really helpfulā€¦

Getting Started with iOS section is nice, but I would suggest a slightly different order of watching.

Networking with URLSession is a very good and important course, it should be learned as soon as possible.

Publishing to the App Store you can watch when you will be going to publish finished App, you can skip it now.

Saving Data in iOS is very, very, very important topic. You will be always store data in your app locally, and you need to know all possible ways how to do it. Watch it after intermediate swift or after autolayout basics.

Also I would add Advanced Swift for better and deeper understanding how the language works and behaves.

1 Like

still in my early stagesā€¦ will definitely look into your suggestion ā€¦ thank you for the pointers. relex!