iOS Apprentice Page 192

I’ve been using the iOS Apprentice Book (6th Ed) and just started with the Checklists portion. When I added the code on page 192, and run the program, it crashes. As soon as I comment out the code, it runs fine. I have double-checked what I typed in and its correct. I just upgraded to xCode 10 - if that makes a difference?

Error message in code:
class AppDelegate: UIResponder, UIApplicationDelegate { Thread 1: signal SIGABRT

Error in Debug:
Checklists *** Assersion failure in - [UITableView_dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier:forIndexPath:usingPresentationValues:]

Checklists *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason ‘unable to dequeue a cell with identifier ChecklistItem - must register a nib or a class for the identifier or connect a prototype cell in a storyboard’

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Did you set the reuse identifier as per page 197? It looks very much as if you didn’t set the reuse identifier or might have made a spelling mistake in specifying the identifier …

Unfortunately, I have not gotten that far yet. I stopped when I received the error. I will look it over again this evening and I will also see what you referenced on page 197. Thanks!

Since there is no code on page 192 (at least on my PDF copy), I was confused by your original comment about adding the code from page 192. The first bit of code I see after page 192 is on page 198 under the title “The table view delegates”. So there’s something wrong here but I can’t say what is going on without knowing the actual page numbers :slight_smile:

YES! That’s it…when I added that code, I got the error. I just recreated the package up to that point and it runs just fine. Apparently I did something wrong the first time although I could not find it. One of those weird programming things…sorry, but thanks for your time just the same!

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.