Kodeco Forums

Introduction To UFPS: Unity FPS Tutorial

In this Unity FPS tutorial you'll learn the basics of working with UFPS to build the basis for a solid first person shooter in Unity3D.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/738-introduction-to-ufps-unity-fps-tutorial

Great work guys!

Would love to see more tutorials on integrating external tools in to Unity, such as:

• Spine characters
  • Playmaker
  • Adventure Creator
  • Platformer Pro

Hi @northy179

I’ll see about adding those to our wishlist. On a personal note, I use Spine2D for the game I am making. Are you familiar with it?

@northy179

Hi!

Those are some great suggestions. I know a lot of people like Playmaker so I’ll see if we can cover that and gather some information about the others.

Cheers!

Thanks @anthonyuccello for this tut. I have learned lot from this tut.

Yes big user of Spine2D at the moment, especially in Unity in conjunction with Platformer Pro, both systems work pretty well together.

I wasn’t originally planning to use it however the game I’m working on requires a lot of equipment / skin changing so Spine was the best engine I could find that fits that requirement. Even if you throw away the skin in the end and just use the ‘Bone Attacher’ script with your own scripts, it’s super useful.

I’ve put a lot of time in to Platformer Pro but the documentation and videos are rubbish, so i’d love to see the team’s take on it if you get a chance and consider it viable :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers!

Yes playmaker is quite popular, however it ends up being the tool I don’t have time for, i’ve watched a handful of tutorials online and it looks really powerful and time saving but I never got far enough to have a solid workflow that involved it.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]