Kodeco Forums

Introduction to Google Maps API for Android

From fitness apps such as Runkeeper to games such as Pokemon Go, location services are an increasingly important part of modern apps. In this Google Maps API tutorial, you will create an app named City Guide. The app allows a user to search for a location, use Google Maps to show the address of the […]

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/806-introduction-to-google-maps-api-for-android

Hi Eunice,
I’ve tried to follow your Googlemaps api tutorial. Everything works fine except for the Place Search section. When I tried to enter an address in the Place Picker, I was expecting it to show up some suggestions like your demo did. However, as soon as I typed in a letter or number, it did not show up anything address suggestion but immediately went to search (brought me back to the map with the search field on the top). I got the same result using both the virtual keyboard on the emulator and from my own computer’s keyboard. Do you have any idea what went wrong?
Thanks!

Hello @ccapt610, can you please create a gif of the issue you’re having? Also try downloading and running the final project to see if you have the same issue with that as well.

Hi Eunice,

Thank you for you reply. It turned out that I didn’t “Enable” my API key. It’s working like your demo now.

Thanks again

@ccapt610, Thats great.

I am working on Google place api autocomplete address.
Then i am getting only 5 result per request.
I need to get full similar address details per search key.
How can do this?
I will attach my api sample link in here.
https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/place/autocomplete/json?input=“.$keyword.”&location=“.$latitude.”,“.$longitude.”&radius=“.$radius.”&language=en&key=".GOOGLE_PLACE_API_KEY

I can get only 5 result locations per request.
I need to get full addresses like android default google map with keywork.

This tutorial is more than six months old, so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]