Kodeco Forums

Introduction to Google Cardboard for iOS

Dive into the world of virtual reality with Google Cardboard VR and learn how to use the iOS SDK to embark on a worldwide 360 vacation!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/992-introduction-to-google-cardboard-for-ios

One more Google-featured application! Have you tested it with Google PageInsight like we? Make the Web Faster  |  Google Developers

It looks like the current version of GVRSDK has some issue with the video playback in cardboard mode. Works fine on the ‘final’ source file, but not once the pod is updated.

Hm, very interesting… I’ll alert the Cardboard team of the issue ASAP. Thanks!

Great tutorial. I have same problem with the video not playing in Cardboard mode.

Also can’t see a method to load a local video instead of .loadFromUrl, similar to .loadImage but for videoVRView…?

Thanks.

Thanks for putting this tutorial up.

I’m getting the following error w/ the GVRSDK Cocoapod:

no parent for object Main Group

This happens anytime I try to run:

pod install

OR

pod update

I’ve successfully installed this pod in an empty project so I don’t know what the problem can be.

I’m running:

OS X: 10.11.4
Xcode: 7.3
Newest version of Ruby + Cocoapods

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Very Good Tutorial.

I’m having a problem with the cardboard trigger button, it is not working.
when i tap the imageVRView it works fine. The problem is the cardboard trigger button.
Any ideas?

Nice tutorial, very helpfull, but I wonder if there is a way to draw a button linked to specific object in the picture that allow me to launch action, like in StreetView to go forward, with GVR I saw a sample with OpenGL that allow focusing on a cube and launch action, but didn’t find solution for Panorama view :confused:

Can we add controls like Play pause or Seek bar over the GVRVideoView??

The syntax for the below lines of code has been updated.

Original:
videoView.seekTo(0)
videoView.resume()

New:
videoView.seek(to: 0)
videoView.play()

Great job ,Thx for your tutorials !

Great tutorial really ! Thanks !!

By any chance, do you have any idea how to start the video on click form a button in full screen ?

Ideally one button which will start the video in normal mode full screen, and another button starting the video in fullscreen with the cardboard view enabled . . . .

Hello its great tutorial to create VR app.

I got an issue. while loading the video i got the green screen every time is there any solution for this ??

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]