Introduction to ARKit: Adding 3D Models | Ray Wenderlich

In this video, you'll learn how to add 3D models to scenes. You'll do this by way of planes and then by way of feature points.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5030-introduction-to-arkit-adding-3d-models

Great tutorial. Is there any guide on how to add 3D Models from something like Turbo Squid to an Xcode project? How were the models added to this project?

@vegetarianzombie Do you have any feedback on this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Great video. I wonder how to build the scn in the Models.scnassets?

That’s all related to SceneKit. I have created these assets, but I’m sure it’s a matter of importing model files into your project. You’ll have to do a little digging.

Hi Brian
Great Screencast.

I’ve made an app where I have the program automatically insert an object when an anchor is defined.

My problem is when I move the camera the object jitter and rotates a little sometimes. Is the object updating according to the anchor, and is there someway to lock the position?

Thanks.

Bo

Ok. I found out.

configuration.planeDetection = [] // no plane detection

I disabled the plane detection.
/Bo

Hi Brian,
thanks for the screencast.
Is there any reason why you do all the SceneKit code in the main queue except from the plane node removal?

Thanks!

Hey There, which code are you referring to when you mention the plane node removal?

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.