Introducing videos.raywenderlich.com – Discount and Giveaway!

I like the videos because they are clean and almost always know exactly what I need (I starting to suspect I’m being watched!). I also like the way they they are with first some intro about the subject and then ‘screencast’ with code :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

Looks cool, I’ll be checking it out this afternoon. Love progress indicator and continue where you left off.

I heard about raywenderlich.com and I joined recently. The videos on this site are awesome. I like challenges and videos duration which is perfect for me.

What do you like about the video tutorials at raywenderlich.com?

Many things: 1) Availability, 2) Clarity, 3) Attitude(not snobby), 4) Topics, 5) Thoroughness, etc. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve referred to the site that tell me they want to learn iOS programming.

This web is plentyof love in every video, every word, every letter. This is the reason why I choose raywenderlich, not only the best, is the best iOS web on Internet. Long life RW!
Go ahead this way!

Love the quality - good job! Keep on.

The diversity of topics

Love the contents and the challenges!
Continue into game development tutorial!!!

I’ve always been a fan of how in-depth the videos are. Anytime I need a deep dive on a specific subject, I come here.

1 Like

This may seem a bit long but this is truly how I feel.

As a developer, I like to learn not only from different instructors, but also various sources. But, before I do anything else in the morning, I check to see what tutorials RayWenderlich.com has in store for me. I really get jacked thinking about what else I could learn!

I have subscribed to (and purchased) many different courses. And, all have helped me to some degree. I’ve purchased and borrowed books. The only thing I have yet to do is take a live course…which will come soon.

However, as time went by, I felt myself gravitating to RayWenderlich.com more and more. The other websites (which I won’t name, but I’m sure most developers have at least visited) began to look very basic and bland with the instructions. It seemed as though there was a ceiling that I was fighting against. And, other than the course I purchased from Neil North, I find that to be true all across the board.

RayWenderlich.com has taught me how to THINK as a developer and not just give me some code to type in so that I could hurry up and “complete” a project. From the foundations of functional programming to more advanced topics like Metal, the plethora of subjects to help me become a “complete” developer is unmatched.

There are times when I come up with an idea for an app and it’s because I have married what I have seen in real life to a tutorial I have seen here. It happens more often than not.

As far as the structure of the videos and articles, I see that the team does an excellent job at making sure the readers and viewers have an optimal learning experience with each one. And, that’s not easy to do, especially teaching programming. I truly commend the entire team.

The last thing I will say is that I love the personalities of the video team. From Sam and Tammy’s unique styles to Marin teaching about iOS Animations (which was one of my weakest iOS muscles).

Great job to the entire team. Keep moving in this direction. You’re making a major difference in my life and the lives of those I will touch with my programming skills.

1 Like

I like format of the tutorials, written and video, how they focus on details and how well they drill into the subject.

I am a huge fan of your tutorials. I love that you offer a starter project zip file. I like to pause the video often, and follow along in Xcode. Occasionally, I need to use the completed tutorial zip, which you also provide, and finally I love the challenges! Your projects are generally fool-proof and I have recommended your site to countless friends and colleagues who are striving to learn iOS for the first time or make their code better! A huge thank you to the great staff and instructors at RW!!

I like the format of the tutorials, written and video and the new design is awesome…

I like:

• the quality & presentation of information

• that the tutorials are keeping up with the rapid pace of change

• the example code & challenges

• the availability of the forums to get help / give feedback

Thanks!

I like the new features, i hope the iOS app for iPad will come out soon :slight_smile:

I like that the tutorials don’t stop after the easy parts.

Wooow :slight_smile:
New videos section looks fantastic.

I like the preperation behind the video tutorials here. They addresses the key points with relevant examples. Easy to follow and up to date.

Thank you for everything :slight_smile:

I like seeing my progress in the video tutorials at raywenderlich.com. Thanks for the new features, I appreciate it very much.

Great new layout!! Tutorials and the projects that go along with them are well thought out. I really enjoy Greg Heo in the Swift series, excellent instructor!! Glad that you added the option to speed up the videos 1.5X and 2.0X. This will be great when I want to come back to a topic and get a refresh of the information.

I am a huge fan of your video tutorials as well as the new screencasts since the very beginning. I think the videos cover a broad range of topics, are clearly structured and contain a good mixture of slides and coding parts. They are very well produced but always keep their personal style thanks to the brilliant and entertaining speakers :slight_smile:. Looking forward to many more of them!

The new video section looks nice at first glance. Will take a deeper look in the next days…