Introducing the iOS 12 Launch Party! | Ray Wenderlich

I’d love the ARKit book!

Really interested in the App Architecture book. Can’t wait!

I have been itching to try iOS Animations by Tutorials. Even more excited to see the updated version.

Advanced iOS App Architecture is my first choice

I’m looking forward to Advanced iOS App Architecture.

After years of self-learning UI/UX, immersed in pitch competitions and accelerator programs, I just picked up programming earlier this year. Because, every such place I went to, for the past 6 years, always overlooked me for the lack of technical talents (i.e. programming). Finally, a mentor hired me as a Lead UI/UX, after his company got acquired.

With a new career, I dived right in and enrolled in a part-time school with some education funding from the Govt. Truth be told, with only 9hrs of lessons a week for a total of ~15 weeks, I was not absorbing much into my head. Most of the students were, well, new to programming. This in turn, prompted the lecturers to go real slow and only touch everything on a very very surface level. Most of which was followed by a “You can go look it up further in the Apple Docs”. And so I did. I asked around with my Engineers, and gathered lots of resources, and Googled my way through.

The one thing that changed the entire course of my Swift learning journey, was stumbling across RayWenderlich site. I have learned more from this site, than the school has taught me. The way it is structured, also allows for a better learning experience. I come home every day after work and try to get a tutorial done and followed by a code review in the hopes I understand whatever it is trying to teach, almost line by line.

Although I have improved, I am still very very far from where I want to be as an iOS developer and/or tech founder. And honestly, if the free tutorials have taught me so much, I can only imagine what the books and video tutorials have that could take me where I want to be. The three books that I am really looking forward to, is the iOS Apprentice, iOS Animations by tutorials and Design Patterns by tutorials.

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

I am definitely most interested in the Data Structures and Algorithms in Swift! Good luck everyone!

Machine Learning by Tutorials
Design Patterns by Tutorials
ARKit by Tutorials

Wow, really looking forward to that iOS Animation by tutorials book! Also that Advanced Debugging book looks awesome as well.

Totally stoked about, ARKit by Tutorials, Second Edition!!!

My favourite book on this list is Advanced Apple Debugging & Reverse Engineering. I’m most excited about upcoming Advanced iOS App Architecture!

Machine Learning by Tutorials !!!

I’m most excited about Advanced iOS App Architectures!

All the new books sound great, but I’m super interested in the Advanced iOS App Architecture book!

Excited about the book on Machine Learning! :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for Advanced iOS App Architecture

I have been a big fan of RayWenderlich over the years as an iOS developer. I’m really excited with the new book Advanced iOS App Architecture. Can’t wait to have it :laughing:

All the books are interesting, but the one that I am really waiting for is Design Patterns by Tutorials, Second edition.

Looking forward to Metal By Tutorials!

Can’t wait to read Machine learning by tutorials, last year I bought the black friday bundle, and until now really enjoy reading all these books, but my favorite is iOS Apprentice.