Intel-haxm in MacOs Monterey

My installation of Android: Android Studio Arctic Fox | 2020.3.1 Patch 3
Mac mid 2015, Monterey experiences this error with intel-haxm: Preparing “Install Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer) (revision: 7.6.5)”.
Downloading http://dl.google.com/android/repository/extras/intel/haxm-macosx_v7_6_5.zip
“Install Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer) (revision: 7.6.5)” ready.
Installing Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer) in /Users/henrikglensbo/Library/Android/sdk/extras/intel/Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager
“Install Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer) (revision: 7.6.5)” complete.
Failed to update status to COMPLETE
“Install Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer) (revision: 7.6.5)” failed.
Failed packages:

• Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer) (extras;intel;Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager)

Have followed the steps from Android Studio Emulator but it seems as if Android Studio does not find intel-haxm 7.7.0

Any ideas? Regards Henrik

I selected “No device selected” and chose iOs simulator - and it started! So I will start to develop apps!

Seems like a known issue. See the last message here for some “solutions” HAXM Installation Fails on Mac · Issue #403 · intel/haxm · GitHub

Thanks - my googleability isn’t the best! This is an interesting and long tread but it has one important conclusion - that the solutions proposed are workarounds and not a solution. Hope they will find a solution. I have installed intel-haxm 7.7.0 (it doesn’t solve the installation problem though) but when I choose the iOs simulator everything seems to work.