Kodeco Forums

Instruments Tutorial with Swift: Getting Started

Learn how to use Instruments to check for performance issues, memory issues, reference cycles, and more!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1810-instruments-tutorial-with-swift-getting-started
1 Like

Hi, is a pity but, the downloaded code does not compile

@arcioneo I took Frosty’s starter project and updated it to the current version of Swift (Swift 2.2) — GitHub - brianhill/instruments-swift-starter: Update of the Ray Wenderlich InstrumentsSwift-Starter project to Swift 2.2 and Xcode 7.3. — it compiles and runs without errors or warnings. [Frosty, email brian at lingerhere.org if you want the repo taken down.]

1 Like

You’re right, downloading it from the url you posted works, thanks a lot.

Much, much appreciated, Brian!!!

Please update syntax errors for swift 2.2 or 3.0 (better). although the compile time errors can be done fixed manually after converting to ‘latest swift syntax’

Updated starter project (Swift 2.3)

2 Likes

great tutorial, thanks!

Updated to Swift 3.

Using Swift 3.0, and I didn’t see a line called ImageIO_jpeg_Data when doing the unbounded growth section. Instead it is under < non-object >.

@frosty
Hi, James Frost,
I met a trouble, I want to call rest api of Flickr, and I get the api key and secret,but I can’t get auth token,how can I get auth token with api key and secret in Flickr? I can’t find the solution in google and Flickr.com, can you help me?
Best regards,
Michael Fang

Hi, michael
maybe you could generate sample Flickr url search in here Flickr Api Explorer - flickr.photos.search

input param “text” = cat, per_page = 30, and select change Output XML to JSON type
don’t forget to select do not sign call. after that you can Call the method to generate the url.

you will get like this:
https://api.flickr.com/services/rest/?method=flickr.photos.search&api_key=31ac8f42ccec0ddf1c9749f4ba2e3dd8&text=cat&per_page=30&format=json&nojsoncallback=1

api_key = 31ac8f42ccec0ddf1c9749f4ba2e3dd8

remember api_key change every day, so if you need to use the api in the next day, you need to regenerate the url again

We need a updated version of this tutorial.