Instruments Tutorial: Getting Started | raywenderlich.com

Learn how to use Instruments to catch and fix memory issues and performance bugs in your apps to make them faster and more responsive.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4784723-instruments-tutorial-getting-started

While I search for a keyword in the app I get an popup saying “An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made”

@fbrancati Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Can you please send more details about your issue?

I’ve just downloaded the app’s code from the tutorial, added a valid Flickr API Key, and everything works fine :smile:

From the tutorial:

To find out more about what’s going on within that method, double-click its row in the table. Doing so will bring up the following view:

When I do this, I don’t see source code on the left pane as in your screenshot. On the left pane I see what appears to be assembly:

+0x00 pushq %rbp
+0x01 movq %rsp, %rbp
+0x04 pushq %r15
+0x06 pushq %r14
+0x08 pushq %r13
+0x0a pushq %r12
+0x0c pushq %rbx
+0x0d subq $56, %rsp
+0x11 movq 41056(%rip), %rdi
+0x18 callq “DYLD-STUB$$objc_allocWithZone”
+0x1d movq 40828(%rip), %rsi
+0x24 movq %rax, %rdi
+0x27 xorl %edx, %edx
+0x29 callq “DYLD-STUB$$objc_msgSend”
+0x2e movq %rax, -56(%rbp)
+0x32 leaq 13015(%rip), %rax
etc…

I see this on my other Mac in a completely unrelated project as well. In that case I didn’t have the source code like I do here and thought that was the problem.

Xcode 11.7
Instrumnents 11.7

In ‘offloading the Work’ section, the code if flickrPhoto.isFavourite { should replace with if flickrPhoto.isFavorite {.