If i where to buy a book and already know swift what would be the next series of books to learn ios dev?

If i where to buy a book and already know swift what would be the next series of books to learn ios dev?

There is a book on Amazon called “Beginner’s Guide to iOS 13 App Development using Swift 5.1” by S. Yamacli and it basically creates 7 apps from scratch to finish… It helped me tremendously to see how everything fits together…

The cover looks like amateurish, but don’t let that sway you - it was exactly the book I needed after taking a bunch of book/online courses that didnt cover practical application … Read the Amazon description to see if it fits what you need…

Thank you thats a good suggestion, but i meant as in the raywenderlich books… I have been giving it a shot at the creating your second swiftUI app video lessons, but it hasn’t been working out and Im thinking about maybe buying the SwiftUI book… I don’t know if that would be too advanced for me.

Ahhh ok… Having some issues finding the next step myself :slight_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for your help anyways good luck!

1 Like

hi Bruno! have you tried iOS Apprentice? The first section is Getting Started with SwiftUI, and section 3 is UIKit. It looks like Section 2 is still being written, but the rest of the book is there, in a mix of SwiftUI and UIKit.

Is there a table of contents available for iOS Apprentice anywhere? thanks.

You can look at the TOC of the previous edition, at Amazon

the new edition will cover similar topics, but in both SwiftUI and UIKit

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.