iBeacon Tutorial with iOS and Swift

Samosrfist & Nfilipe,
Not sure what to say. Without your hardware in front of me, its a bit hard to troubleshoot.

One thing I always check is that the Beacon module isnā€™t aready connected to another device or another app on the same device and therefore stops sending advertising packets.

Found the cause of my problemā€¦ the beacons were not broadcasting the default uuid. On the final version of the android app i was not testing for it.
So thanks to this I solved 2 errors.
Thanks,

Great tutorial. Thanks a lot!

Could you please suggest some nice hardware iBeacons? Suitable for this tutorial application purposes. I mean rather small ibeacons to put to cats collar :smile: or to bags, laptops etc.

Hey novoselov,
Personally, I havenā€™t used many off the shelf beacons. The applications I work with require custom hardware so I write the beacon code.
From a little experience though, Iā€™ve had bad experience with the cheap, no-name ones. Some of them were just BLE devices but didnā€™t conform to the beacon advertising standard and therefore was not recognizable by a beacon scanner.

1 Like

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]