HTC Vive Tutorial for Unity

I m converting your tutorial into a MR project now, but when I turn on MR mode in unity, but I get the problem to show up the 4 quadrants view properly.I only get the bottom right HMD view, the other 3 quadrants view is stay blackā€¦
But I could notice that the camera under Controller(third) is moving in the scene view.
It seem like it missing the FG, mask, and the movement of the cameraā€¦
Can you helped me ?

I m now using unity 5.6.1f1 with steamVR1.21ā€¦

Thanks,

I am using Unity 5.6.2 and whenever I release any object, the velocity of the object immediately gets set to zero. Why would this be happening?

Wow. Thanks for a great tutorial. I have built an architecture experience in Unity and want to add teleport capability. This tutorial did a great job at teaching me how to use the components; however, when I try to do the same on my project, I am unable to teleport. Iā€™m not even able to see the lasers. Do I need to add anything else to my scene or project to support the laser, reticle, and teleport? Thanks for your help on this one.

In the demo, while I was able to achieve teleporting, I was not able to grab objects. Iā€™ve double checked all the scripts and itā€™s the same as your samples. The only thing I wasnā€™t able to add was the Steam VR_Update Poses component to the camera eye. I get an error message saying ā€œCanā€™t add script ā€˜SteamVR_UpdatePosesā€™ to the GameObject ā€˜Camera(eye)ā€™.ā€ I am running Unity 5.6.0f3.

@humptyhumps
Have you added the velocity & angular velocity of the controller to the object when you release it?

@humptyhumps
Youā€™ll need to mark objects with the AllowTeleport layer if I remember correctly to make it work.
As for the other problem,what version of SteamVR are you using? They might have fixed the bug for which that component was necessary. Have you tried running the final project to see if it works in there?

Cheers!

I tried the final project and it works both in 5.5 and 5.6. I thought I had followed the instructions carefully. I will have to retry and see if the results are different. Iā€™m more interested in how to add teleport to my own project. The AllowTeleport layer is not standard to Unity, is it? If not, how can I create it or import it? Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

great tutorial, but I have a couple of problems.

• I have Unity 2017.1.0f3, is it still compatible?

• how am I supposed to ā€œopen the folder inside Unityā€?

Thanks in advance

@elect86

Hi!

This tutorial should be compatible with 2017.1. Be sure to get the latest SteamVR plugin from the asset store and ignore the part that says you need to attach an ā€œupdate posesā€ component to one of the cameras, that bug has been fixed.
That said, this tutorial does need an update to 2017.1 as the final project probably might not work 100%, I havenā€™t tested that out yet though.

This tutorial is on our update list, Iā€™ll make sure it gets updated to the newest version of Unity in the coming months.

To open the project, unzip the starter project somewhere on your PC, start up Unity and click the OPEN text at the top right of the window that appears (it should say Projects & Learn at the top left).

Cheers!

Hello, after following the tutorial everything had been working great until I added the movement. This is where things went wrong. Scripting is correct and everything works great.

My issue now is that the two controllers are off to the right of my cameras rig, they work fine. Everything else works great, but the controllers are off a distance. Iā€™ve redone the tutorial three times and this same issue has occurred. What may I be doing wrong. Iā€™ve tried adjusting the controllers transform position which does nothing at all.

This tutorial is more than six months old, so questions regarding it are no longer supported for the time being. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]