HTC Vive Tutorial for Unity question

I really appreciate the course on HTC Vive Tutorial for Unity. I have a question I was wondering if someone could answer. Everything is working fine but when I get to the section on Using Actions, I am to Change the Pose Action to \actions\default\in\SkeletonLeftHand to link it to the left controller. However the only option I have is to change to \actions\mixedreality\in\ExternalCamera. here is an option to add but it takes me to the Steam VR input window and not sure where to go from here.

@blackdragonbe Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi!

What version of Unity and SteamVR are you using? The tutorial uses Unity 2018 and SteamVR 2.0.
The HTC Vive tutorial was written over a year ago and the VR space is changing extremely fast, so there’s a huge chance that things have been changed on Unity’s or Valve’s side that are incompatible with the tutorial.

Unfortunately, Unity and VR has been an absolute pain the last year, as they deprecated the new and more generic Unity XR system without a proper alternative right when we were planning on updating the VR tutorials.

I’ll see to it that we’ll update our VR content as soon as possible with a more future proof solution. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Eric

Thanks for writing. I am using Unity 2019 and SteamVR 2.0. Everything was working fine until I got to the controller section and the areas as outlined in the message were not there. Just an fyi, I have an Oculus HMD and was able to connect that fairly easily. I dont know why Vive has to be so difficult. But your course went a long way in solving the problem until this small challenge. I know how the VR world changes so understand that things can get outdated fast. Thanks for your help and let me know if you find any solutions.

@cineruss Do you still have issues with this?