How to use the frameworks, like used in the book combined with a static framework?

Hi,

First of all, i like your book very much. You have done a great job! I’ve been using various approaches from the book for many of my projects, with good results.

The modular dynamic framework approach is really great. It keeps my projects very well structured and keeps the compile time nice and fast, even for very large projects.

For some of my projects i’m using the Firebase SDK. So the app can use the benefits of the Firebase Database and Authentication. But here, my troubles are rising :slight_smile:

Because i’m using multiple modules, which are dynamic framework, i find it very hard to have the Firebase SDK added to one of the frameworks. The Firebase SDK is compiled as a static framework and does not work smoothly with the dynamic frameworks. I have tried many ways. But, from my point of view, i always end up with a very smelly solution :slight_smile: . For example, importing the Firebase framework into every module (using pods) and instantiating the Firebase instance from the top level module, and then passing/injecting the instance down into the sub modules using the Dependency hierarchy. Works, but i always end up with tons of warnings/errors at runtime, complaining about duplicated Firebase libs and stuff.

It would be nice, if i only had to import the Firebase module into the KooberKit framework (where the remote api’s are for example), so i could create a FirebaseRemoteUserSessionApi or a FirebaseRemoteNewRideApi etc, etc.

So does anyone have a suggestion of a more cleaner approach? If somebody could just point me in the right direction. Any help would be very much appreciated. So i can continue using the great modular framework approach from the book!

Thanks in advance!

@rcach Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]