How to upgrade the knowledge of swift

I want to avoid learning outdated information. How to stay up-to-date on latest improvements in swift?

Hi @hassanwa, thank you for your question. There are many ways to stay up to date with Swift and I’m happy to share a few resources that will help:
What’s New in Swift 5? - This article is a bit outdated but it does give a great overview of the new Swift 5 updates and is a perfect example of the type of articles to keep an eye out on the Ray Wenderlich site. Related to the RW site, you can also keep an eye out for announcements and upcoming courses. The website Swift.org also provides a great up to date blog that shares news, updates, and other interesting topics related to Swift and the community. Last but not least, Apple provides videos such as What’s new in Swift from their WWDC. I’d keep an eye out for this year’s WWDC videos. Hope these links help and have a great day!

Best,
Gina

Thanks for your response. What is WWDC?

World wide developer conference is a keynote Apple holds annually.

The realities are such that the modern world is developing in a technical direction and it is no longer possible to imagine yourself without a smartphone and spotify! After all, every day, when we go out on business, we listen to music in order to tune in to a dreary working day or to cheer ourselves up by going shopping at the supermarket or somewhere else! But that is not all. To feel the fullness of possibilities (there are really so many of them!), you need to learn how to download videos from YouTube and convert them into mp3. Check https://easyconvert.pro/en/youtube-to-mp3 and make sure!

@hassanwa Thanks very much for your question!

The best way is to get a subscription to RayWenderlich.com! :slight_smile:

Having said that, with respect to Swift in particular, I would say focus on concepts. What do I mean by that?

Make sure you learn how to use classes and structs, data structures like arrays, and dictionaries, how to use extensions, higher order functions like map, compactMap, filter, reduce. Learn about protocols, delegates, and unwrapping optionals. These topics are here to stay, and are fundamental to your success, so make sure you have a solid understanding of them. They may undergo changes over time, but honestly, those changes will be slight, and usually will involve new functions to use in order to make your life easier. Of course, learn to use if/else, case/switch, and for/while loops. Again, these are concepts that are not going anywhere, so make sure you learn them from the beginning.

I also will say, that the best way to learn is just get your hands dirty with code. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Once you begin with the basics, and have a good understanding of the fundamentals, I would suggest either going through our book on Data Structures & Algorithms to further solidify your knowledge, or go directly into some of our tutorials and start building apps.

Start small, and work your way up. And for the record, Swift is no different than any other field of knowledge out there like medicine, law, dentistry, construction, etc. Every field is changing, every field is dynamic, and this means that certain elements are static, which means they don’t change, or will change slowly, and others will change more quickly. This is life :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

All the best.

4 hints to work on your Swift information

At the point when Apple uncovered Swift at WWDC '14, I made a move to kick off my iOS improvement abilities. Despite the fact that I realized Objective-C, I was more centered around multi-stage and Ruby turn of events. However, this new dialect set the ground for me to turn into “of the incredible ones”.

To arrive at this objective I followed these f0ur (4) steps:

1.Follow more intelligent individuals than you.

When I did the change to Swift I looked into individuals that were at that point seeking a similar objective. It wasn’t so much that hard, a ton of individuals were and are truly amped up for this new dialect.

2.Start a blog, Medium considers well.

Because of this progression specifically, posts like this one and a few others have been distributed by any means. Everything began when I went to dotSwift '15 and was reminded by watching a discussion from debris Furrowthat we should all beginning a blog. They don’t just permit us to share information with everybody and ourselves, yet additionally, permit us to contemplate an issue. Nothing assists you with understanding something other than attempting to instructing it to another person.

3.Create ventures that have no future at all.

We as a whole have those ventures that never come around, essentially in light of the fact that we think they are not adequate or on the grounds that we began doing “the following huge thing”. This sounds like a debilitating cycle, yet is really assisting us with learning things that regularly we wouldn’t be presented to. Also, there isn’t anything amiss with fizzling or simply constructing things for no particular reason. We see it ordinarily in sites like Product Hunt, where the majority of the items included day by day rank among jokes and specialty.

4.Share everything, with everybody.

Github is likely the site I visit the most, as a purchaser as well as a functioning supporter. Since I began with Swift I have been distributing an ever-increasing number of storehouses identified with this new dialect. One can in a real sense perceive how the entirety of my thoughts, and speculations about making iOS applications have been advancing from that point forward.

Recollect that when we talk about the programming we never truly quit learning. I suggest looking at however many WWDC meetings as you can when they are delivered.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.